Aerial Work Platform (AWP) Certification
$98.95 | 4 hours
AWP Certification is a comprehensive training that covers all scissors, push-around, straight-stick and articulating boom lifts, and other aerial work platforms (AWPs). CSA/OHS criteria for classroom operator. This course meets its safety training certification in all Canadian provinces and territories, which goes above and beyond.
Summa Safety & Environment College courses are the finest online courses available today, integrating high-definition video with cutting-edge machine animation and demonstrations to provide the most comprehensive learning experience possible. Our course approach helps students retain more information while still exciting and educational. A few tests at the end of each chapter help the student prepare for the final examination.
Students will have access to the following resources throughout the course: elevated work platform (EWP) specific OHS requirements for every province and territory in Canada; a practical evaluation checklist.
A supervisor or other authorized person must perform a functional evaluation to complete the certification process.
Aerial Work Platform (AWP) Certification Course Standards
This course was designed to meet and exceed requirements for theory and written exam training as outlined in:
- CSA standards B354.1, B354.2 and B354.4
- ANSI standards A92.3, A92.5 and A92.6
The following subjects are covered in detail in this online Aerial Work Platform (AWP) Certification course:
- EWP-related laws requirements for the machine, personnel, supervisors, employers, and federal and provincial regulations.
- Machine-related dangers.
- Accidents and mishaps often occur at EWP.
- There are many different sorts of EWPs.
- The necessity of having an operator’s handbook on hand.
- Decals for safety.
- Components, controls, and safety measures for machines.
- Capacity and stability concepts are discussed.
- Systems for the handling of envelopes.
- The most appropriate machine selection.
- Inspections are performed before the start of operations.
- Tests of how the function works.
- Dangers associated with hydraulic systems
- Battery charging and maintenance are required.
- Weather safety is essential.
- Identifying and mitigating hazards.
- Rescue preparations.
- Proper communication is essential.
- The operating procedures.
- Parking and closing down the business.
- Keeping track of things.
Online Course Duration
The course can be completed within 4 hours time duration.
This course requires a passing grade of at least 80%. The course may be retaken three times to meet the passing grade.
Certificate of Completion
A certificate of completion will be made available for download and printing after completing this online course.
Most internet-capable devices with standard web browsing capabilities, such as Apple’s iTouch, iPad, and iPhone, and most other smartphones and tablets with Android and Windows operating systems, can replay this course since it was developed utilizing standards that allow for this.
Looking for something specific?