WHMIS 2015 (GHS)
$29.99 | 1 hour
The Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS) is a Canada-wide system that gives workers and employers all of the training, information and guidance on how to handle hazardous products/materials often found, used or stored on job sites. Provided in a helpful online format, this WHMIS 2015 (GHS) course gives graduates everything they need to be aware of including safety data sheets, supplier/workplace labels, pictograms, legends and icons used to distinguish WHAT a material is and how to handle it safely.
In finishing this course workers of all types will confidently be able to identify, handle, manage and communicate to others about hazardous workplace materials such as chemicals, cleaning solvents, biohazard material and more. Every work deserves to feel safe on the job site, and this training gives you easy to follow instructions on how to best prepare yourself to do so, regardless of your environment or position.
Please note, this course is also available for in-person training in the Ottawa Valley and Renfrew County Areas. Click here to find out more information about specific dates and upcoming locations.
Topics covered in this course include:
- Recognizing hazards (categories, sub-categories and identification of)
- How to mark, label and handle potentially hazardous materials
- How to comply with the TDG Act
- Potential fines and enforcement
- Specific rules, roles and obligations for different types of jobs/positions
- Risks involved with packaging and transporting hazardous materials
- Necessary documentation for shipment and storage of hazardous materials
- How to locate, report and communicate incidents or potential threats
- How to plan for Urgent and Emergency Help Response (ERAPs)
- Exemptions for materials, situations (outside the TDG Act)..
Online Course Duration
The course can be completed within 60 minutes (or 1 hour).
If the course pass mark is not reached on the first try, each participant is permitted to retake the course THREE TIMES. Upon registering for the course, you will be given access to additional resources that will aid you in your studies.
Certificate of Completion
Upon completion of the course, students will have access to an online certificate of completion through the learning management system.
Most internet-capable devices with standard web browsing capabilities, such as Apple’s iTouch, iPad, and iPhone, and most other smartphones and tablets with Android and Windows operating systems, can replay this course since it was developed utilizing standards that allow for this.
Looking for something specific?