Health & Safety Representatives (HSR)
$25.00 | 8 hours
This course was developed through the collaboration of the Ministry of Labour, Training and Skills Development and Ontario’s Health and Safety Systems partners. In Ontario workplaces who regularly employ 6 – 19 workers must have a Health and Safety Representative (HSR). This one day online basic eLearning program will assist HSRs perform their legislative duties in this role.
BONUS: REBATES AVAILABLE! Employers who take this course are eligible for rebates to help cover a portion of the cost of training. Instructions will be sent out upon successful completion of the course.
This HSR course covers the following topics:
- Occupational health and safety law
- Rights, duties, and responsibilities of the workplace parties
- Duties and responsibilities of the HSR under the OHSA
- Common workplace hazards
- Hazard recognition, assessment, control, and evaluation (RACE methodology) of hazard controls
- Applying the RACE methodology to a workplace hazard
- Health and safety resources available to the workplace parties
Online Course Duration
This online training takes approximately 8 hours to complete, so pack a lunch and plan to set aside a day for training to fully prepare yourself to become qualified!
Testing conducted throughout this online course is designed to reinforce the information presented. All modules must be completed to pass this course. The course is able to be taken three times in efforts to achieve the certificate.
Certificate of Completion
Upon successful completion of this online course, a certificate of completion will be available for download and printing.
Looking for something specific?