$199.95 | 1 hour
This online Overhead Cranes course will teach you how to properly inspect, maintain, and operate overhead cranes.
Upon successful completion, participants should be able to:
- Understand the leading causes of crane accidents and falling loads.
- Inspect as directed by the manufacturer.
- Specify pre-start inspections and logbooks.
- Recognize hand gestures for crane operating.
I-CAB RECOGNIZED COURSE:
As a result of its competence in this subject topic, the I-CAB has acknowledged this content producer. It has been classified as a competent resource during training for I-CAB assessment participants.
Module 1: Explanation of Overhead Crane Accidents
- The different types of overhead crane accidents
- The key reasons why loads are dropped
Module 2: Examining and Maintaining Equipment
- Following the manufacturer’s recommendations during inspection • Pre-start inspections and log books • Preventative maintenance
- Ensure that wire ropes are properly spooled on hoist drums. Conduct inspections of wire ropes, end attachments, hoist blocks, equalization sheaves, and hoist drums. Check for the correct functioning of high and low limit switches, controls, and hoist brakes.
Module 3: Recommendations for a Basic Level of Safety
- Learn basics rule for safe crane operation.
- Understand hand gestures or signals in crane operation.
Also: It is advised that operators must take rigging (all of them; basic, intermediate, and advanced) in combination with this course since it covers various aspects of rigging.
Online Course Duration
The course can be completed within approximately 1 hour.
This online Overhead Cranes course uses testing to help students retain what they’ve learned. A certificate of completion is awarded to students who obtain a grade of at least 70% on their final exam. If the pass mark is not attained on the first try, the course may be repeated. The course’s print materials may be viewed online to help students retain what they’ve learned.
Certificate of Completion
A certificate of completion will be available to download and print after completing this online course. The validity of this certificate is 36 months. Some states may demand further practical equipment testing to confirm compliance with regulations.
Most internet-capable devices with standard web browsing capabilities, such as Apple’s iTouch, iPad, and iPhone, and most other smartphones and tablets with Android and Windows operating systems, can replay this course since it was developed utilizing standards that allow for this.
Looking for something specific?